View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 06:01 PM
saywut

vCash: 500
While the money/waivers helped with the final decision to send Scandella down, his play was the primary reason. But playing him alongside Falk was a disaster in the first place, yet the pairing looked improved from the Stoner-Falk that we ran out for Scandella's 1st game where he was paired with Brodin. Until the Canucks game, which coupled with Spurgeon coming back made the decision easy.

While I am still big on Scandella, his career appears to be following a similar path as Cody Franson. Make all these improvements from 18-21 to get everyone's hopes up, but then hit a wall and don't continue that same progression. Get caught in mobility problems more than anything.

That being said I'd still prefer if we gave Scandella a look either with Spurgeon or Gilbert for a few games if we lose a couple on the grounds that Falk/Stoner aren't playing well enough. I do believe he can outperform either one of them with either of those players, and his history with both of those players supports that. But you might as well call up Genoway/Kampfer if you need a partner for Stoner or Falk, it just doesn't work.