View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 06:10 PM
Riptide

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
If we give him a raise, we'd be making a mistake. At 34, do we really expect him to get better from hereon in?

I don't like paying UFA dollars for past performance, and that's pretty much what we'd be doing if we gave Dupuis a raise (and in his case, past performance would be last season and this season).

We need to be VERY careful here. The last thing I want management to be thinking is that Pascal Dupuis is the scoring winger we've been looking for all along. That would be really terrible thinking.
Dupuis is an alright 3rd wheel who can play defensively. And both deserves and will get a raise. The question is how much. I wouldn't mind him at 2-2.3m over 3-4 years (maybe 2.5m max - but I'd be uncomfortable with that). The less dollars he signs for, the more comfortable I'd be signing him to a longer term. Worse case is Dupuis slides down to the 3rd line and is still an effective player for us. This isn't like Sullivan who's only effective when playing in the top 6.

"Itís not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, itís as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote