02-18-2013, 07:33 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
As I sad.....Leopold for Penner.

I look at it as a try out and see what happens....before he s a UFA. Leopold isn't gettng resigned. Regher likely does.

Penner has a good potential upside worth the risk. Their salaries are about the same.
I'd still be hesitant to do Leopold for Penner. If we had a good shot at the playoffs and wanted to trade struggling upcoming UFA for struggling upcoming UFA and hope both Penner and Leopold play better with their new teams I'd say go for it, but we have little shot at the playoffs at this point; we're not a playoff team.

I'd rather just trade Leopold for picks/prospects. He's returned quite a few second-rounders in the past on Deadline Day. Not saying he's worth that now, but I bet we could at least get a third for him and I'd be happy enough with that at this point. Someone will surely give that up or an alright prospect (Greg Zanon for Steven Kampfer) for Leopold. Way better than just trading him for a guy who's playing poorly and that we might have for two months and get nothing out of as we miss the playoffs and he walks July 1st.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote