Thread: Proposal: Boston-Calgary
View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 07:13 PM
Sergei Shirokov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodlad View Post
I'm not sure what this opinion is based on. Is it just because Krejci is younger? Because he plays center? I can understand that reasoning, and that what obviously give him better trade value overall. If you're saying right now Krejci is a better player than Iginla I don't see it. Iginla has put up more points and more goals than Krejci since 08/09. Even this season Iginla is only 4pts back of Krejci, and he hasn't even gotten going yet.
I think Krejci is the better player right now. I think he is going to end the season with more points than Iginla.

Krejci is 26. I think his best point totals are yet to come, as in my experiance in Vancouver, our top players have generally hit there peak points wise at around that 26-29 range. (Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, exc.) Unless the player is a one hit wonder (Which Krejci has already proven he isn't) Krejci still has his best years ahead of him IMO.

Iginla is on the opposite end, declining. Tho at his peak he is a much better player than Krejci is/will be at his peak. We are talking about the here and now, and Krejci is the more valuable player, and I think he is a tad better atleast production-wise aswell.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote