Thread: B. Schenn
View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 07:35 PM
FLYguy3911

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Schenn obviously plays better in the middle then on the wing. If he continues to play at or around a PPG pace I think you have to leave him there permanently. The one I'm worried about is Couturier. Mind you not too terribly worried but still worried some. I'd kind of like to see him play on the wing for a bit. If I recalled he played LW in Jr's sometimes I'd like to see if we can get him going by putting him in a bit more of an offensive role.
Couturier would be close to useless playing the wing. The one thing he's good at is his shutdown abilities and moving him to the wing takes that away. The problem besides his lack of foot speed is he's just not aggressive when it comes to the offensive side of the game. You could point to his linemates and his role and yes its not ideal, but he rarely has the puck on his stick. When he does have the puck on his stick, he has shown good playmaking skills, but its been few and far between. Last year he was strictly in a defensive role and his lack of offense was understandable. Even so, he showed flashes of what he could bring. I just don't see it this year. The only thing I can think of is to get Giroux on his wing, but that ain't happening any time soon.

FLYguy3911 is offline   Reply With Quote