View Single Post
02-18-2013, 08:57 PM
vCash: 500
only four names up front who are even worth discussing:

for those who want grabner, i just don't see him as being available. even in a game where the isles get whooped, he does positive things. this has been a BIG change compared to last year.

another guy who the isles just aren't trading is moulson. yes, he has warts, but that doesn't mean he is on the move. the isles aren't moving jt's wingman and pal.

nielsen could move despite his all around game and despite his good contract. something eventually has to give with this team and shipping out spare parts here and there won't change the makeup of the team.

okposo could also move despite his decent contract. you have to give to get. and again, i believe something has to change the chemistry and makeup of this team.

all other islander forwards are not really worth discussing. these are the only four who could move that are of consequence and likely only nielsen and okposo could say goodbye, in my opinion.

on d, the isles are so thin it is ridiculous. for that reason, unless the moving of nielsen or okposo brings in a d-man, no one other than impending ufa's streit and visnovsky are likely to move. the only other islanders of consequence on the blue line are hamonic and macdonald. hamonic stays because i don't think he will ever be moved. he has warrior blood in his veins. it's not like i'm all that partial to macdonald, but i just don't see how he gets traded given the isles lack of d depth.

prospects with value who could move if the right piece is coming in return? up front, i think only nino niederreiter could get moved. others with value are strome and nelson and i think the isles are in love with them. i truly think nino has irritated the organization which is why he could be traded. on defence, i believe that donovan could move. i could add dehaan here but his injury likely gets in the way of him being traded. just being drafted, i can't see that reinhart is in play. others are not of major consequence at this point.

player wise then, the following isles with value could move (in my humble opinion):

nielsen, okposo, streit, visnovsky, niederreiter, and donovan.

islandermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote