Thread: Speculation: Winnipeg Jets 2013 Draft Talk
View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 09:13 PM
tbcwpg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
For me I go by what my scouting staff thinks is the best player, regardless of position. If my staff thinks that Jones is the best, I take him with no hesitation.

Other people want to take a C no matter what, but I would take the guy that my staff projects to be the best and make other moves accordingly when the time comes.

Bogo, Trouba, and Jones could turn into one of the best trios in the game, and they look like the type that TNSE is building towards.

At some point when those three were ready to handle the load as the main guys, Chevy could move Enstrom and / or Buff to stock the forwards with their "types" as well.

Truthfully I wouldn't be upset with some of the other guys either. Getting a guy like Macinnon could be a game changer also.

But to answer your question, even though we have pretty good D and two good young guys (Bogo and Trouba), if my staff felt that Jones was the best I would take him without hesitation.
Yeah you have to go with the best guy available at the time. You can't think too much about positional need at that point in the draft. Edmonton probably didn't need another winger like Yakupov but he was the best player available.

I would love to have Drouin though, if we're talking about need. We have plenty of C depth, albeit nothing high end. If MacKinnon is that good and he's available, great. Drouin fills a lot of holes though. I'd take Jones over both at this point though, needs or not.