View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 08:22 PM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLBLUES44 View Post
I work with the Miami Redhawks and let me tell you transitioning to the college game as a freshman is a very tough thing to do, especially if your team isn't winning. The college game is alot more like the way blues and preds games are rather than major junior which is more like watching a pittsburgh and washington game.

Even if guys like kurker, maceacheren etc... aren't puttin up the points and there stats aren't looking good.... lemme tell you there definitely learning the defensive side of the game and becoming better and more well rounded players. They'll start puttin up more points as sophomores and juniors while this year they play to round out there two way game. Believe there coaches have big plans for them.

Also, a prime example would be Sean Kuraly for the redhawks... He's a tall thin freshman drafted by san jose in the 5th round and if you look at his stats atleast acouple weeks ago you would just gag. he had like 4 or five points and was a -3 or something. Then he goes and plays top minutes in the world juniors and quietly puts up i think a point or two above a PPg. He's learning the defensive side of the game and has been starting to put up more points since the world juniors. struggled yesterday against notre dame tho... it was kinda weird. But anyway i think you guys get my point.
Kuraly's a good player. Kuraly, fellow Red Hawk Blake Coleman and Russian winger Daniil Tarasov (who was signed by San Jose and went straight from the USHL to Worcester) were a ridiculous line for the Indiana Ice in 2010-11.

Coleman actually put up the highest point total in the USHL since the immortal Peter Sejna but apparently he's not quite the same point-producer in college.

Back to the point, all the Blues high end prospects from 2012 that are developing in the States are all raw and will all be on a very slow curve. And like you said, they will all learn the defensive side of the puck, they'll get acclimated to the increased competition, and then their point totals will improve later.