Thread: Prospect Info: Mikael Granlund V
View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 08:57 PM
Emilie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard6411 View Post
Don't get me wrong, i am not happy about his being on the fourth line yesterday but i am sure Yeo had his reasons and he won't be on the 4th line on a regular basis. Hell maybe Yeo decided on Mikael playing their because he knew he wouldn't pout about it and if he asked someone else to center the 4th line they would have gotten a case of the ass over it. IMHO i think it should have been Brodziak if it was to based off of performance which it clearly was not the reason why MG played on the 4th line yesterday.
Oh I agree completely (especially on the brodzy part). I was a little ticked that he was on the 4th line as well. But as fans, we don't know everything, or even a majority, of things that go on in the locker room and why decisions are made. Pretty much that whole team has the flu, so it could be that Granlund was on the tail end of it and didn't have the energy to play as many minutes. Or Yeo knew Granlund wouldn't pout about it. Or a million other things that no one would even think to consider.

Fans need to move away from expecting someone in their rookie year to start the season off spectacularly. It's great when it happens, but it doesn't happen often. Be pleasantly surprised when it does instead of saying the kid is a bust because he's not on the top line by the 15th or whatever game.