Thread: Speculation: Winnipeg Jets 2013 Draft Talk
View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 09:15 PM
Bob E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
MacKinnon, Drouin, Barkov, Lindholm and Monahan all look like wonderful young talents.

Anybody picking within the top 6 should land a nice piece.
Agree, truck.

TNSE also looks like they won't rush prospects which is great. Lots to like about the 'top 6' if you're TNSE and Jets fans.

Jones - arguably, is NHL ready, even if it's a bottom pairing to start. Has familiarity with Trouba and the two have played alot together, and have been paired together before. Those two could be a dominant pairing in a few years.

MacKinnon - love the speed and work ethic. Does some creative things with the puck, but plays a more power/speed game that would lift the butts out of the MTSC seats. Is still a very young player, so who knows were this kid's ceiling is. Would love this pick.

Drouin - roomed and played top line at WJC with Scheifele. Likely a friendship is brewing with those two, that could result in some nice chemistry at the NHL level. He's also only one yr out of Midget AAA hockey, so his development curve is crazy high right now, another thing that TNSE seems to look at. Kid has tremendous hands and could be a dynamite scorer/playmaker.

Barkov - big and skilled. Seems like what TNSE would want, too.

Lindholm - complete player who could be a fantastic 2-way guy, potentially, in a couple of years. Boy, that sounds like Jets 1.0 center and city councilor, I know. No argument here, and we like our Swedes.

Monahan - He got to know Scheifele pretty well last summer during Russian challenge, and is that big body down the middle that TNSE seems to really covet. His 2-way game seems to fit the mold TNSE wants to have and he's a real character kid.

So lots to like, and i agree, i don't think we could go wrong with any of them if they are picking in the top 6.