View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 11:13 PM
Mr Whipple
Charmin Soft

vCash: 500
I've got to agree with Paul.

It's easy to put the blame on Chantel, but I'm still not certain what is truly behind it. I think it is a combo of nerves (which she has greatly improved on) and bad behind the scenes production. The typos have really stood out to me this year, as well. I've caught things in the past, but this year there seems to be several glaring mistakes each game. If they can't get simple spelling errors right, then maybe they are behind some of Chantel's mistakes also? A producer could be telling her to pronounce words/names the wrong way, for instance. I wouldn't be surprised in the least that they aren't giving her the proper prep. From what people have said of the streams where you can see what is going on behind the scenes instead of the commercials has certainly seemed to point to that.

I'm willing to give her some time to prove herself. People being able to step in and do a job in broadcasting perfectly from the very beginning is few and far between. It takes awhile to move up the ladder and get that experience. We've been lucky to have John and Tripp for so long. And yet look at all the people who complain about Tripp.

We were also very spoiled to have a veteran broadcaster step in last year who left big shoes for Chantel to fill. I think she's only done some things for college before this, and so this is her first chance as a real pro. So give her some time. I have a feeling if she's around long enough we'll think much differently in the future.