View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 11:19 PM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

vCash: 500
Just for everyone's FYI, on CBC Hotstove on Saturday for anyone who didn't see it, Glenn Healy said now he's hearing Colorado wants two roster players, a prospect, and a high pick for O'Reilly. I'm guessing the prospect would be a top prospect. The whole panel was saying how ridiculous it was for Colorado to ask so much for O'Reilly. So he won't be cheap to acquire. And that supposed asking price is up from the other week when they were hearing it would cost a roster player and a prospect.

If the prospect Colorado asks for is Markstrom, Bjugstad, Shore, Matheson, or Petrovic, I can't see Tallon doing it. I think the price will probably come down, because nobody is going to pay that price. But who knows, Colorado has looked at least partially irrational about this whole thing with O'Reilly. He could also be asking for a lot more money than he's worth, though. That's another thing that scares me. If Colorado won't pay him what he wants, why would we? We're so cheap that we traded Ellerby to get rid of his salary. So you trade two roster players(who can't be garbage), you get back O'Reilly but then you'd also have to plug in someone else too on the roster. And Kulikov only makes 2M this season. O'Reilly is probably asking for around 4-5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManCat View Post
I guess kulikov would go the other way? We would also have a long jam at center in the future. Shore, Bjugstad, O'Reilly and who ever we pick with our top 10 2013 selection more than likely another center
Actually Lindholm and Monahan can both play wing, and Drouin will most likely turn out to be a wing. MacKinnon can play wing also, in fact he's probably better suited to being a winger so he can be the featured shooter on a line. Also keep in mind, if the main pieces are O'Reilly for Kulikov, we would probably finish better than we would if we don't make this trade, so we might not get a top 5 pick. So at that point, we would most likely take a D, which is good so we can replace Kulikov. So we'd be looking at Nurse, Ristolainen, or Zadorov probably.