Jake Allen vs. Brian Elliott
View Single Post
02-18-2013, 10:32 PM
2 Minute Minor
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Temple, Texas
This thread is based mostly on weird speculation, and bizarre conclusions.
- Jake Allen has played well, not great, but well during his stint. Its very encouraging. I have high hopes for his NHL future.
- Halak has a relatively minor injury. He wasn't very sharp early in the season, but that's true of most of the goalies in the league who didn't play overseas.
- Elliott was not ready for the season to start, and he certainly wasn't ready to take over for Halak. My personal feeling is that his poor play is what snowballed the team's lack of confidence and exacerbated the problems on defense. (Its not all his fault, but I think that's the root of the problem.)
- Jake Allen will go back to Peoria, but maybe we'll see him again this season. We certainly will if Elliott can't get back into form. But I find it bizarre to conclude that he won't pull it together based on that stretch of games. Or...OK, sure there's room for skepticism. Even if I grant extreme pessimism, the idea of releasing him on waivers for no return....its just idiotic asset management. Unless and until Elliott completely falls apart with no hope of return, the Blues will give him the space and coaching to get back into form.
- Its like Blues fans have no memory of the tandem having the best save percentage in the league just last season. I can't believe how quickly this fanbase has become spoiled about goaltending, after so many years of frustration and trying to get excited about journeymen like Mason and Legace.
2 Minute Minor
View Public Profile
2 Minute Minor's albums
Find More Posts by 2 Minute Minor