View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 10:45 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
I've been a hockey fan/Kings fan for 23 years (since I was 10 years old) and you have to realize that EVERY fan of ANY sport complains after a loss when their team looks like they don't care or they've never played together in their lives the first two periods of a game. The players in interviews before the game were talking about how big the game was, how they were going to step up to the challenge against the #1 team in the league. I saw no such thing. They only decided to wake up when they were down by three goals and didn't want to be embarrassed on NBC.

I worry about the veterns of this team like Kopi, Brown, Williams and Quick who aren't playing up to half of their ability.
See, I look it at differently than you.

Yes, they were badly outplayed the first 30 minutes of the game. But I am going to give some credit to Chicago for this. They were all over the Kings, I commented to my son that it appears they always six men on the ice. Sound familiar?

The Kings displayed that extreme dogged style throughout the playoffs.

I don't think the comeback was fueled by any possible "embarrassment" on national TV. This isn't about how you look. I think the Kings picked up their play with about 6 minutes to go in the second period, and the momentum sustained itself through to the end of the game. The Hawks were kind of lucky to escape that with a regulation win.

It's not just YOUR team is doing out there on the ice. It's what the opponent is able to do as well.