View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 10:45 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
Not too concerned about the line adjustments as others have stated, this is normal for a team that is struggling. Hell, some coaches even make changes on the fly even if they're winning, Scotty Bowman and Mike Keenan were notorious for doing that.

I would also like to add that I would hope that the players (and coaches) don't keep looking back at the players' stats and lack of production and just focus on what they're going to be able to do and provide in the next game. Although Simon Gagne isn't producing, I think he's played well and is creating some opportunities for his linemates with his aggressive forecheck. He's very good at anticipating where the puck is going and is usually at the right spot to pick up the puck.

One thing I would like to see more of is for the Kings to generate plays from behind the goal line. Right now they are too dependent on working the walls. If they're going to do that, work it low and bring the puck from the goal line to the net. It's a lot closer than trying to get the puck from the half wall to a scoring position. Those are low percentage shots that are going to end up going wide or will be an easy stop for the goalie (or more often than not, a blocked shot, which tends to happen a lot with this team).

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote