View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 10:55 PM
Lessthan900
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Panther View Post
Certainly nothing is mathematically impossible, but the writing appears to be on the wall. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this team struggles for the next 2-3 years as the team begins to fill out with our prospects. To me, if we see nothing more than the establishment of Jonathan Huberdeau and Drew Shore as legitimate top 6 forwards and Guds continues to develop as the bruising defensemen he is becoming, then Id say the year is a success. It would also be nice to see Howden and Petro make a couple of appearances and maybe even crack the squad. Getting another top 3 pick to use on a forward will probably be necessary to fill out our first line too.
This sounds so promising. Unfortunately, it is a formula we've dreamt over and over. I too really enjoy seeing Shore, and especially Huberdeau and Gudbranson, do well, but even if Markström becomes the best goalie ever, we need more. This team is so much better than teams we've had in prior years, but there are huge holes, the major one being goaltending, the other being the lack of a solid star on offense to lead the attack.