View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 10:58 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Just for everyone's FYI, on CBC Hotstove on Saturday for anyone who didn't see it, Glenn Healy said now he's hearing Colorado wants two roster players, a prospect, and a high pick for O'Reilly. I'm guessing the prospect would be a top prospect. The whole panel was saying how ridiculous it was for Colorado to ask so much for O'Reilly. So he won't be cheap to acquire. And that supposed asking price is up from the other week when they were hearing it would cost a roster player and a prospect.

If the prospect Colorado asks for is Markstrom, Bjugstad, Shore, Matheson, or Petrovic, I can't see Tallon doing it. I think the price will probably come down, because nobody is going to pay that price. But who knows, Colorado has looked at least partially irrational about this whole thing with O'Reilly. He could also be asking for a lot more money than he's worth, though. That's another thing that scares me. If Colorado won't pay him what he wants, why would we? We're so cheap that we traded Ellerby to get rid of his salary. So you trade two roster players(who can't be garbage), you get back O'Reilly but then you'd also have to plug in someone else too on the roster. And Kulikov only makes 2M this season. O'Reilly is probably asking for around 4-5.
Yeah, I don't think Tallon pulls the trigger on ROR. I was thinking maybe Kuli straight up would be more than fair. He has over 200 games of NHL experience, recently turned 22 years old and is a former 1st round pick. He's signed to a nice two-year contract and ROR doesn't even want to be an Avs. I know other teams might overpay so there's that. You gotta almost think that even if you threw in a prospect like Howden, that you'd be overpaying although I'm really sure how good ROR is or is going to be (haven't followed him).

Tallon's done good with salary dump trades, relieving other clubs' salary, and trading those who don't want to be here but I'm not sure I see him pull off a 'blockbuster' trade like this.