View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 11:10 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
Yeah, I don't think Tallon pulls the trigger on ROR. I was thinking maybe Kuli straight up would be more than fair. He has over 200 games of NHL experience, recently turned 22 years old and is a former 1st round pick. He's signed to a nice two-year contract and ROR doesn't even want to be an Avs. I know other teams might overpay so there's that. You gotta almost think that even if you threw in a prospect like Howden, that you'd be overpaying although I'm really sure how good ROR is or is going to be (haven't followed him).

Tallon's done good with salary dump trades, relieving other clubs' salary, and trading those who don't want to be here but I'm not sure I see him pull off a 'blockbuster' trade like this.
Yeah, in training camp I thought Kuli for ROR would probably work more or less, but it seems like Colorado is asking for the moon. It's tough because O'Reilly has had one good year, but in that year he looked awesome, and he probably would be looking like that if he were playing right now, but we don't know that for sure. P.J. Stock said a lot of teams think O'Reilly is a #1 center. I'm not sure about that, I haven't watched enough of him to have a concrete opinion. That's a pretty bold statement though.