View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 12:18 AM
Dave Sparky Allison

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusbolito View Post
Just wanted to ask other folks, does anyone else think Paul MacLean handles questions from reporters better than just about any other coach or executive in the league? He may not be as entertaining as Tortorella, or as fiery as Burke, but he handles intelligent questions intelligently, he handles stupid questions without retorting and always has a smile on his face when dealing with the press.

He just seems to know that the media are after a story, and, unless there's one there, he's absolutely unwilling to manufacture anything just to please reporters.

Hearing ten questions per scrum about whether or not Karlsson's absence is going to affect the team negatively would drive me bonkers, but it seems not to affect Paulrus in the least.

On the other hand, we also seem to have one of the most blatantly facepalm-worthy owners in the league, when it comes to public commenting. I'm eternally grateful to Melnyk for the funding and support he's given everyone, but there are some times I just wish he'd shut his yap.
He's great with the media from what I've seen. I've yet to see him lose his cool. He just keeps it professional at all times, and jokes around a bit too.

Dave Sparky Allison is offline   Reply With Quote