View Single Post
Old
02-18-2013, 11:35 PM
Bob E

vCash: 500
For all their misses, they also hit with a few early picks with Kovy, Heatley, Lehtonen, Kane and Bogo, in terms of impact NHL players.

Scheifele and Trouba are decent prospects, too, that many teams would want, and i'm sure if teams talk trade with the Jets, those names quickly come up as players they would want. Burmi, Kane and Bogo too.

Picks in rounds other than the 1st are really hit and miss - more so than picks in the 1st, which have their challenges too. The fact Enstrom worked out and Postma and Redmond look like NHL'ers, is a bonus too.

Once the Jets have a playoff calibre team, more of their picks can take time to mature. There won't be pressure from fans to get them in the line-up. Once that happens, you will likely see more of those later picks working out - sort of the Detroit model. When those later picks make the NHL, they are ready to play.

I think the scouts have done reasonably well, lately, in adding some talented kids into the prospect pool. I think that will continue, and this year may be the key.

For having a playoff calibre team, i think Chevy will have to move some assets to fill holes with players that are available, both for the short and long term. We haven't seen that too much, just with 3rd and 4th liners. I think other teams want to fleece the Jets of their young quality players, and Chevy is resisting until they know what they have with some of these guys.

Is it frustrating for fans? Likely. Is it the right thing to do for the organization? I, for one, think it is.

Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote