View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 12:39 AM
Lessthan900
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
You make a huge assumption that we can sign star players or top line forwards. Kuba and Jovo signings are bad, get over it. Tallon has built one of the best prospect pools in the league. We're going to get more quality assets at the deadline and we'll probably have another big draft. Rome wasn't built in a day.
Are you going to make me a believer? I really don't understand the star player logic; if stars go to Carolina, why not Florida? Is our state really so unattractive? (Oh yes, they have better players: is that the reasoning behind the argument?)

That is a non sequitur: "Get over it!" It's a valid argument to which you have no valid response. Two bad defensive signings.

Let's hope the building of a competent team doesn't take as long to build as the Roman Empire. And you make a huge assumption when you count on winning a star through the draft--and then keeping him. Perhaps I see the same sort of logic being repeated year upon year--and failing. How many years is this supposed to take? The last few times it didn't work.