Thread: Speculation: It's Time to Tank: Who Gets Moved
View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 12:58 AM
RainingRats

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessthan900 View Post
Are you going to make me a believer? I really don't understand the star player logic; if stars go to Carolina, why not Florida? Is our state really so unattractive? (Oh yes, they have better players: is that the reasoning behind the argument?)

That is a non sequitur: "Get over it!" It's a valid argument to which you have no valid response. Two bad defensive signings.

Let's hope the building of a competent team doesn't take as long to build as the Roman Empire. And you make a huge assumption when you count on winning a star through the draft--and then keeping him. Perhaps I see the same sort of logic being repeated year upon year--and failing. How many years is this supposed to take? The last few times it didn't work.

Every organization makes bad signings. That's the response. Which is why you need to get over it. Kuba is signed for next season and that's it. Jovo may be bought out or retire. So yeah, get over it.

Tallon is doing something completely different. He's stockpiling talent and not rushing them. Guds went back to Juniors, Hubs went back to Juniors, Shore played a few years in college then last year in the AHL and started off this year in the AHL. Markstrom is still in the AHL. We've never done that before. We used to rush prospects into our lineup which is detrimental to most. If this was an old regime, all would have been playing at 18.

Most teams do draft their star players. And almost all keep them.

It will take at least two more seasons until we see if Tallon's plan has worked.