View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 01:11 AM
Ryker

vCash: 500
The Comcast broadcasting crew thread

I thought it would be nice to have a thread about the Comcast broadcasting crew, with the ever-so-lovable Coatsey, Clement, Jackson and Jonesy. We could discuss all things related to broadcasts and those guys here, and hopefully create a repository of to-become-legendary Coatsey quotes.

I actually think they're doing a pretty good job making the games fun to watch besides just the action going on. Jackson can be annoying sometimes with all the jabs, but in general it's all good. It's too bad that Clement and Jones can't be on at the same time, and it's hard to say which of those I prefer as a sidekick to Jackson. Clement is priceless when drawing comparisons between Knuble and a mountain goat, but Jones is all fun all the time, as well.

Anyways, from today's game, Coatsey's "I'm just here to have a good time" was pretty memorable And I always laugh at that intro sequence where Jackson and Jones introduce the teams, and then Coatsey talks about the other team. I can't believe how he still can't ever nail down the transition to "don't go away, it's the Philadelphia Flyers and...", he's always just rambling and making a mess of that.

Oh, and by the way, did anyone catch that joke Jones made at the end of the third period when they showed Giroux scoring the first goal? I thought he said Giroux was money early, but I wasn't sure whether I heard that right, and if yes, whether the play on mighty early was supposed to what this was all about. If so, it wasn't as funny as they made it out to be

So yeah, what are your thoughts on those guys? And if you have any good past quotes, here's where you should post them Same with the new ones as we go along.

Ryker is online now   Reply With Quote