Top 20 finishes
Goals: 9, 9, 9, 12
Assists: 8, 11, 13, 13, 13, 17
Points 4, 7, 9, 15, 17, 19

Award voting finishes
Hart: 5, 16, 17
All Star: 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9
Selke (all forwards): 3, 10, 11, 15
Selke (wingers only): 2, 3, 4, 4 (these might be off by a rank or two if I incorrectly accounted for multi-positional guys, but I think they are right)

From ATD2012, Alfredsson's overall offensive resume is only a little bit behind Martin St. Louis and Jarome Iginla if you look at their best seasons using V2
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=110
Alfredsson actually outperforms St. Louis and Iginla in terms of offense over a period of 5 consecutive years, due to his season-to-season consistency:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=151

Quote:
Originally Posted by THN forecaster
Assets: Has an impeccable work ethic and never takes a shift off. Is smooth and polished in all aspects of the game. Possesses oodles of creativity. Kills penalties well and can play the point on power plays. Boasts a quick trigger.

Flaws: His hard-working style of play has led him to wear down over the course of his long career, and also led to injuries. Is misunderstood in the leadership department because he's not a rah-rah type. Has declined in general.

Career potential: Savvy veteran two-way winger on the decline.
Obviously, the stuff about "on the decline" is not applicable to the ATD since in our little fantasy world, these guys are ageless wonders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
Don't forget his international scoring records - they are pretty good.

1998 Olympics – 11th in Points
2002 Olympics – 11th in Points
2006 Olympics – 3rd in Points, 3rd in Goals, 4th in Assists
2010 Olympics – 7th in Goals

2004 World Cup – 3rd in Points, 1st in Assists

1999 World Championship – 3rd in Points, 4th in Goals, 4th in Assists
2001 World Championship – 7th in Points, 6th in Assists
2005 World Championship – 4th in Points, 4th in Assists
More quotes via Reds4Life's profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Drury
'"Said the Sabres' Chris Drury after the most recent loss: "You know why they're so good? In the first period, Daniel Alfredsson gets one of his three breakaways. Miller makes the save. The puck goes in the corner.

"Alfredsson goes and hits a guy, then he's the first guy back into the other end, and he hits our guy below the goal line -- all in 14 seconds.

"If I had that clip on tape, I'd show it a hundred times to my team."'
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Alfredsson has traditionally been the fourth forward on the ice in the role of pointman on Ottawa's powerplay. He is one of the league's top two-way players
Quote:
Originally Posted by legendsofhockey
In his first NHL playoff series in 1997, Alfredsson led the Senators in scoring and scored two game-winning goals, though the Senators bowed to the Buffalo Sabres in a hard fought seven games. Then to prove that was no fluke, he scored seven goals in 11 playoff games in the 1998 post season, including three, first-period goals in a span of 12 minutes as the Senators defeated the Washington Capitals 4-3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The New York Times, May 20, 2007
For much of this season, the three have formed perhaps the best forward line in hockey. And in the postseason Alfredsson has logged more ice time than any other Ottawa forward, doling out hits, blocking shots and leading all playoff performers with 24 takeaways.

The low-key Alfredsson, a native of Sweden, is a natural lightning rod for both criticism and praise.

Last edited by TheDevilMadeMe: 02-19-2013 at 01:49 AM.
TheDevilMadeMe is online now   Reply With Quote