Old
02-19-2013, 08:27 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessthan900 View Post
You got me there, Markstrom Rules. I do admit that Tallon made some very good moves last year. And he overpaid for a few guys too. But I find the signing of Kuba so repulsive that I can never forgive Dale Tallon. The day he did it, I knew something wasn't right.

And I wish your plan could work. If it did though, for Florida that is, I would be shocked. How many times have I heard of this building strategy? Then suddenly, where did Horton go? Bouwmeester? Oh, we suck anyway! Okay, start over! Next draft.

Again, I'm rooting for the draft theory, but I just can't believe. Didn't Toews and Kane start the same year? Yes, and that year we were only 3 points short of Chicago; we were one point short of the prior year. Then the next year we improved, after eliminating Jokinen. Then the year after that we got much worse, after eliminating Bouwmeester. So where did we go wrong? Oh yeah, wishful thinking. Then I must presume that the difference is Dale Tallon; he's going to get it right, unlike the others.

So, to summarize, based on the logic of team development, it's good that we suck?
This team has NEVER had a GM like Tallon. Our minor league affiliate was a mess, our scouting department was a mess, and our top prospects would have a tough time cracking our current top 10 prospects. What did Tallon do? He came in and immediately improved our scouting department, and built one of the top prospect pools in the game. He got rid of anyone who did not want to be here (Horton) and built a team that was able to bring us our first division title in team history, plus break our decade long playoff drought. But all that goes to waste because he brought in Kuba?

This team is going to be built mostly through the draft, that is just how it is. You wont see any top free agents come in here any time soon. This team is better off staying the course that Tallon has set, rather than go with a quick fix, like the Thrashers did. Tallon did it before it Chicago, and is in the process of doing it again here in Florida. The pieces are coming along, and the way its going, adding a Mac/Drouin/Jones etc. to this team will put them over the top. The difference is Dale Tallon, which is quite evident.