View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 07:39 AM
poetryinmotion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyman View Post
I thought this was probably one his best games of the season. Seems to be finally adjusting to the speed and style of the game now. I wouldn't be surprised if he lights it up soon, they way he was playing tonight was reminiscent of his play in Sarnia. I've seen most of the games this year, while racking up a nice bill with OHL stream lol. He's getting that confidence back with the puck again and needs to continue shooting. This kid's ability to adapt astounds me, and we're just beginning to see what he'll be able to do with the puck.
I have also seen about 80% of his games in Sarnia this year, and I agree he is getting there. Right now he is still making baby steps in the NHL but you can see he is getting really better each game, way more so than any regular 18-19 yr old rookie should be able to do. Having said that he is a far cry from playing the way he did towards the end of his stint before he got sent off to the WJC, where he was flat out controlling the pace of the game and being a dominant force. If he can get to playing like that in the NHL this year at all, that would be a marvel. And I'm not saying he should be dominating games and getting 5 ppg each night but just playing with the poise and confidence like he did then.