View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 08:15 AM
jacklours

vCash: 500
So I went to the game yesterday against Carolina. I hadn't been to the bell center in something like 7-8 years.

I was impressed with Diaz, you don't see his play on TV at all. He plays so smart all over the ice. He never puts himself in a bad situation. The complete opposite to PK.

There was a few times where I thought Diaz could make some solid bodychecks and intimidate the opposition, but he's not all that big and he also played these plays so well they had no where to go, so if I was his coach I couldn't really tell him to play different because it was played so well.

He always goes for the good simpler play. There is a difference between good simple and just simple. Dumping the puck on the board is simple, yet not often the best play. He always looks for an open man and yet manages to give himself room to find that man and all his passes are crisp on the tape.

It's no wonder Budaj didn't get more than 20 shots, with the D we have, the puck is dumped in and it goes back out with a nice clean pass that allows our forward to have control of the puck instead of chasing it.

Anyways, very impressed with Diaz, he isn't a top pairing d-man, but as a coach i'd feel very safe with him on the ice.

jacklours is offline   Reply With Quote