Old
02-19-2013, 08:29 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
St Croix has to be one of the quietest Ranger prospects ever. 74 points in 60 games. I never hear anything about him.
Eh, he's all flash, IMO. If he can't do the hard and dirty work to score his points, he won't thrive as a professional. We had Brendan Shinnimin, an UDFA, in our camp a couple years ago. He scored like 130 points in 70 games his final WHL season. But his game isn't really suited to the pros, and he's a middling prospect in the AHL. I don't think St. Croix is a bad prospect, but I don't think he's anything to get excited about.

His offense has dipped this year as well. I will say, in his defense, that he has shown more of a focus on his two way play and defensive responsibilities in the two or three games I've watched this year (HockeyStreams is great, BTW ). He's just kinda "meh" to me. A fourth round pick that looks like a fourth round pick.

Quote:
McColgan with 43 assists in 56 games? 59 points? That's pretty good, hope he gets a contract. I think people will love his tenacious style.
He's another guy that I've never been impressed with. He basically plateaued offensively as a 16-year old. The lack of progress is sort of alarming. I do need to watch him though...haven't seen him this year.

It's just pain.