View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 09:03 AM
upinarms

vCash: 500
I might sound a bit like Don Cherry here (or even "ZebraCritic"). I never saw Blais hit but it sounds like another botched call. What ever happened to the days of one referee and no video replays. Seems now when all four officials miss a call then they go to league to visit replay. Why can't the officials make the decision. More than once I have seen them wait until they see how bad someone is hurt before deciding if it is 2 or 5. Make the call immediately and stick to it. The other thing that drives me crazy is when they have to have a meeting to discuss what they are going to call. Then to **** the fans off they go to the benches to explain everything. Just make the call and get on with it. Go back to one official (probably save teams money) get rid of video replays ( not the NHL ) and maybe give the players a little more leeway to police themselves. No wonder coaches yell at referees. They don't know what to expect from one game to another. Not to mention that the players certainly don't know what to expect from one shift to another.

upinarms is offline   Reply With Quote