View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 09:08 AM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcanuck View Post
I disagree with the initial statement - Chevy DID NOT BUILD ANYTHING IN CHICAGO. He sat back and watched Dale Tallon. Then Stan Bowman promoted him within the organization when Tallon took HIS STAFF to Florida. So do not give him any credit. He was in the office when the calls may have been made. That's it.

I have no faith in Chevy at all. His trades are minor and waiver wire pickups tell me he has no urgency. The fans in the city will not have ANY patience with him.

I hope that the team falls to the low .250s this season. Chevy is an idiot so I expect he won't fire Noel - which is perfect. This way TNSE can clean the house next year (2013-14) and get rid of both mistakes - Noel and Chevy. Rookie management was a poor decision by TNSE and we're seeing the consequences. A losing club where vets are doing what they want, a coach who can't motivate and a GM afraid to pull the trigger. We've lost the locker room and this requires a significant rebuild with a well known/ respected veteran GM and coach.

Don't get me wrong - Don Waddell is at fault here too but let's no make Chevy out to be some remarkable GM. He has done almost nothing since inheriting this team. This is the same yo-yo who decided instead of building chemistry in their first practices, to break the team up and play split squad. The guy went to more baseball games than hockey games it seems.
Glad someone checked the post for facts, Chevy was hired the same year the Hawks won the cup, he was in the right place at the right time is all, the team was already in place.

All Chevy has proven so far is that he does indeed track the waiver wire.

For the guys who say there is no urgency, give your heads a shake, their is an urgency to WIN games, there is an urgency to push for a playoff spot, what would be the point of fans attending Jets games and fans following the team if that ISN'T the case?

sipowicz is online now   Reply With Quote