View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 09:15 AM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
I didn't say Clemmer was good, just that the goals he was letting in were not always his fault. And I have repeatedly said Kuli shows signs of being great but makes at least one major stupid decision a game.

What has Guds really done? Any big hits that changed the momentum? Great defensive plays? Notable offensive plays? I barely notice him out there. His game has been okay but I expect to see more out of him. Something. Hence, his play has been underwhelming.
What? IMO it's good that YOU barely notice him, but I watch him often. He DOESN'T do noticeably poor things like Kuli often does. Kuli has made poor turnovers in front of the net, Guds hasn't. They both tend to get caught out of position, but I don't see it as much with Gudbranson. How often does any player make game changing hits? Stevens did, he's rare. Erik has laid guys out consistently and seperated them from the puck, and I'm sure made them think twice when he's out there. Kuli has laid big hits in one game. I'll take Kuli's speed, of course, but that's about it.

Erik raised his level of play as the season progressed and it continued into the playoffs, Kuli regressed. Guds underwhelming? Sorry, no.

I compared the two because I simply don't see signs of greatness, I see a guy who is what he is. An many of the smartest posters here (not saying youre not one) see the same.