View Single Post
Old
07-12-2006, 02:12 PM
Netro

vCash: 500
Let's compare Legwand and Ribs:

Skating:
Legwand. Ribs is one of the slower skaters in the NHL, while Legwand is one of the faster skaters

Passing:
Tie. Both are good passers. I know many people will say that Ribs is a better passer because of some of the terrific feeds he makes but this is more a result of his vision (see below)

Puck Handling:
Ribs. Legwand is a good puckhandler but doesn't possess the same moves as Ribs

Shooting: (accuracy, velocity, release)
Legwand. Ribs just doesn't have a hard shot, nor a quick release. It is at times accurate. From what I have seen, Legwand's shot is better.

Vision:
Ribs. This is Ribs strength. He has terrific vision and creativity. Not knocking Legwand's vision, it just is not as good as Ribs.

Defensive Awareness:
Legwand. I believe Legwand kills penalties - well I do see he has scored SH goals in previous years. Typically, only players with good defensive awareness kill penalties. Ribs defensive game is awful

Faceoffs:
Tie. From the stats earlier, they both stink. I was surprised, I thought Legwand was at least respectable.

Size:
Legwand. To me size is not a huge thing, but Legwand has size and Ribs, as we know, ain't big.

Final Tally:
Legwand: 4
Ribs: 2
Tie: 2

See, to me, Ribs vision is wonderful, but he does not have the size, or speed, to execute his vision on a consistent basis. And at playoff time, his lack of size/speed hinders him more. And I think this is why Ribs ceiling is not much higher, if at all, then what we have seen. Since he still a Hab, I hope I am wrong.

On the other hand, Legwand does have the necessary skill set to be a successful offensive centre in the NHL. He is still young, so don't write him off yet. Some players take longer to develop, or some get hurt (or both) I think that his game is perfectly suited in the new NHL and as such think his ceiling is quite high.

Netro is offline   Reply With Quote