Thread: Speculation: It's Time to Tank: Who Gets Moved
View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 10:07 AM
RainingRats

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
What? IMO it's good that YOU barely notice him, but I watch him often. He DOESN'T do noticeably poor things like Kuli often does. Kuli has made poor turnovers in front of the net, Guds hasn't. They both tend to get caught out of position, but I don't see it as much with Gudbranson. How often does any player make game changing hits? Stevens did, he's rare. Erik has laid guys out consistently and seperated them from the puck, and I'm sure made them think twice when he's out there. Kuli has laid big hits in one game. I'll take Kuli's speed, of course, but that's about it.

Erik raised his level of play as the season progressed and it continued into the playoffs, Kuli regressed. Guds underwhelming? Sorry, no.

I compared the two because I simply don't see signs of greatness, I see a guy who is what he is. An many of the smartest posters here (not saying youre not one) see the same.
I often listen to the opposing team's broadcasters and they're almost always impressed with Kulikov because most of the game he is impressive. He plays really well 95% of the game and then 5% makes a stupid mistake bad play. That's the type of thing that with proper coaching can be fixed. He's all over the ice, he's been very physical, and his d for the most part has been very good.

Kulikov had a bad playoffs last year but this year he's been one of our best d-man. He's somehow a +1 despite our terrible goal differential playing over 20 minutes a night, most nights. Kulikov is very good.

Look, I like Guds, I think he has first pairing potential in a few years. I simply think he's been nothing special so far this year. It's only been a handful of games for him and he's not even getting much ice time.