View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 10:21 AM
arsmaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoDD View Post
A question for people who watch the oil kings often.

What are the main reasons for Lazar's low ratio of assists to goals, approximatily 0,5?

I don't recall a recent CHL 1st rounder with that kind of statline, except Etem with 37g 28a and a ratio of 0,75.
There are many on here who have seen much more of the Oil Kings than I have, but I've seen quite a few.

I'd say one big factor in why he doesn't record a lot of assists, is because he usually moves the puck to his wingers before the offensive zone, and almost always drives the center lane to the net. It contributes heavily to offense for the Oil Kings, but often times leads to him not getting a 2nd assist.

Another huge factor, and one I can't seem to understand, is that he is always the net front guy on the PP (not sure if this is still true of late, haven't seen an Oil Kings game since early January). The Oil Kings have one of the best distributors in the WHL in St Croix, so they use Lazar right in front of the net, so even on PP's where his net front presence contributes to the team scoring, he doesn't register a point.

I'm surprised they don't have him on the left half wall and set up his one-timer on the PP, his shot is that potent, I'd like to see him get Stamkos like set ups there (probably will next season, when the vets move on).

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote