View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 11:44 AM
StarsFan74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcurrie View Post
Are you calm yet? Okay.

Aside from Benn, he's likely the one who would bring the highest return. I'm not starting some "Let's get rid of Loui based on 16 games" bandwagon, but let's look at some points:

- Clearly this team is in dire need of a #1 Dman, heck we don't even have a #2 at this point. Aside from playing the waiting game with Dillon and Oleksiak, I don't see how we're going to fill those needs.

- We're somewhat lacking in young high end talent. Either we tank this season to grab a top 3 pick, or some of our guys in the system really overachieve.

- Eriksson will be 28 in the summer. That's far from over the hill, but typically players don't peak beyond that. He's still a darn good player, but is his value at it's highest, or is it going to go down?

- Joe has proven he's not scared to pull the trigger.

Clearly this team has needs. To acquire those needs, you explore options. Is this an option? Would anyone consider it?

Flame away...
He's also proven he's prone to making a very bad deal out of desperation. I see that being the case when it comes to acquiring that #1D.

I'd rather he use his "fearlessness" into trading up to get a player we want....for once.

StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote