02-19-2013, 12:18 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
Good point but I still think that, especially in the NE, our Canadiens will need to add size and toughness to their top 4 if they want to reach the Contender status. Maybe a short terms solution would be to give more ice-time to Subban and Emelin (and less to Diaz) vs the tougher teams?

Our record really sucks vs our divisional rivals. It is a very small sample though so maybe you are right: the status quo may be acceptable.

PS maybe I am wrong but most of the guys you listed are big players no?
Not substantially so, and size has very little to do with toughness in any case. You could argue that Gorges plays a more rugged game than some of the big players I listed.

Anyway I'm not trying to make the case that we're a tough team, but I'm just saying in general, our "smurfness" is blown out of proportion when you look at the other teams' TOI leaders.

Also I don't disagree with you that maybe we should add some toughness to our top 4, but it's not easy to find a tough/rugged player who also has all the attributes you want in a top 4 defenseman. Teams usually hang on to those kind of guys, making them expensive to trade for. Maybe we'll have one of our own soon in Tinordi, if all goes well.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote