View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 11:32 AM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
That's the biggest issue Legend if London gets it. If they get it 9 years after hosting their last Memorial Cup it discourages other franchises in the future from bidding and by all talk to put in a bid it costs between $40-50 grand that goes to the league. If London gets it I fear you see only London, Kitchener, Ottawa wanting to bid all the time. We already know the Memorial Cup will never be in Plymouth, Saginaw, and Erie. There's a reason why teams like Belleville, Owen Sound, Brampton/NB won't bid. Will Kingston ever bid especially if they don't have the corporate support in the city? Even this year if Guelph doesn't want to bid for the cup you have to ask the question when would they do it again considering they have a very nice roster. OHL might be making a huge mistake if they give the Memorial Cup to London.
Rayzor

Good pts made especially about Guelph,though if they lost Sparks huge hole to fill
but your reasoning is sound
The absence of Guelph not bidding makes it interesting,I dont think Barrie matches
up to Windsor in any category,Windsor is behind London in terms of overall
projected talent returning,but everything else they have done city/team wise lines up
as them to give to
If London had not hosted recently I would award it to them,but because they have
I would not for the reasons you gave

hockeylegend11 is online now   Reply With Quote