View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 11:37 AM
SchultzSquared

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
There are many on here who have seen much more of the Oil Kings than I have, but I've seen quite a few.

I'd say one big factor in why he doesn't record a lot of assists, is because he usually moves the puck to his wingers before the offensive zone, and almost always drives the center lane to the net. It contributes heavily to offense for the Oil Kings, but often times leads to him not getting a 2nd assist.

Another huge factor, and one I can't seem to understand, is that he is always the net front guy on the PP (not sure if this is still true of late, haven't seen an Oil Kings game since early January). The Oil Kings have one of the best distributors in the WHL in St Croix, so they use Lazar right in front of the net, so even on PP's where his net front presence contributes to the team scoring, he doesn't register a point.

I'm surprised they don't have him on the left half wall and set up his one-timer on the PP, his shot is that potent, I'd like to see him get Stamkos like set ups there (probably will next season, when the vets move on).
This is what they have done since January and when you saw them... it is why he is scoring now all of a sudden... imagine, playing to a player's strength...

In this case Lazar is the LW and is able to sneak into openings... he got #30 on Sunday that way... wide open and got two whacks at his own rebound... otherwise his first job is support the cycle... unglamorous job but he does it very well and would be team leader in third assists if they had those probably

Still don't think he has the vision to be a top-line player... but that is not what a team will take him for... he is classic middle six power forward... maybe more to a 3rd line than a 2nd... but he is going to be a contributor for a long time

SchultzSquared is offline   Reply With Quote