View Single Post
02-19-2013, 12:39 PM
HFB Partner
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
Last years emery was solid the first half of the season. There were even people saying he should be starting over Crawford.

He does seem to be quicker in his side-to-side movement this season but a lot of the goals that got past Emery last season (and to be fair Crawford as well) were redirects, usually from the slot, or from rebounds. This season Emery is still leaving too many rebounds for my liking (he was better on Sunday), but his positioning is solid and the defense is bailing him out much more often. The team is also clogging the slot area much better. He wasn’t as bad as folks liked to make out last season. If Emery had one or two bad goal against him, Coldice would be leading the parade about how bad he is, always has been and always will be.
Now to get Q’s confidence (to allow him to get in a groove)! That’s another story. We all know how stubborn Q can be with certain players. He may have no other choice however if CC can’t return for a bit.
When I hear Q use the phrase “he’s made progress”, that certainly sounds to me like he is describing concussion-like symptoms. I hope I’m reading too much into it but we heard similar statements from him when Toews and Bolland were concussed.

BobbyJet is online now   Reply With Quote