View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 12:02 PM
Guerzy
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ ︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

vCash: 50
All of this talk re; stats in terms of PP, PK, 5 on 5 play, etc.. honestly, it does indeed make sense, but I will be honest with everyone when I say I am worried, concerned and I am questioning the "core" we currently have in place. Is it overreacting? sky-falling mentality? maybe, some may view it as that, which is okay. I don't think it is that way for me, I think I view things pretty realistic, or at least I like to think I do.

However, at the end of the day for me, I am just seeing and feeling a lot of the same things that the team showed from last season. Our PK may be poor at one point, then good at another. Same goes for PP. Same goes for 5 on 5 play. Goaltending. Injuries. Goals forced. Goals against. Etc. It's just all too familiar to me. It all feels too much the same. I understand every team goes through the ebbs and flows in these areas, but this group centered by the core guys just cannot seem to get it right.

Did I overrate this team? I don't think I did. Top to bottom they had/have the potential to be a playoff team, a team that finishes in or around the 7-8 spot. That's my personal view and expectations. Am I disappointed thus far? yes, I am. But I still don't believe I overrated this roster.

I don't believe this team and "core" is this bad, but I am indeed questioning them because from my observations both this season AND last, I am personally seeing a "core" that simply may not be able to put it all together - for whatever the reason(s).

Since we got the team I have been a believer in the "core group" we have here. But I have to be honest when I say they have planted a great amount of doubt in me. I am here for the long haul, win or lose, ups and downs. I believe in TNSE and I believe in Kevin Cheveldayoff to do what it takes in his vision (which will take time) to make this organization a contender. I don't believe I am being unrealistic, nor do I believe I am jumping to conclusions, or the sky is falling, etc.

With all that being said, every team has a core, and we've been locking our guys up each summer over the last 2 seasons (Ladd, Kane, Enstrom, Pavelec, etc) and by all accounts we'll do so again this summer with potentially Bogosian, Little, Wheeler, Burmistrov, etc whether it be long-term of more of a bridge deal in the form of 2-3 years. But as I have said, I am concerned whether or not this core will right the ship here as a group. I like a lot of our pieces within the current NHL core, I like Scheifele, Trouba, etc, but in terms of our NHL quality core group, I am concerned at this point in time.