Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Gryba, Grant and Dziurzynski
View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 01:04 PM
Xspyrit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
The Sens D is much more imposing with him. I look forward to seeing Cowen, Methot, Gryba, Weircoich, Karlsson, Phillips and hopefully Boro next year.
Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Wiercioch
Phillips-Gryba
Borowiecki

Then the following year, Ceci, Sdao and Wikstrand will start auditioning for the team, maybe even earlier (maybe others)

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Says No View Post
yip, gryba has been fine.

grant has been ok to invisible. dd has been meh.

once (if) regin comes back i'd like to see grant and dd go back to ahl. zib, greening, regin offer a bit more than either of the two.
Unimpressed with DD (don't see the NHL upside there) and I think Grant is not NHL ready

Can't wait to have some of Regin, Michalek and Latendresse back

Quote:
Originally Posted by operasen View Post
Newspaper today (http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/02/18/...-on-sens-radar). Avs looking for roster player, prospect and a pick. Someone yesterday was indicating Michalek was a trade target so I assume would be a piece under discussion with this.

Michalek, Wiercioch (played University of Denver), 1st would be a strong offer I think to get him. I'd hate to give our 1st, but Avs would love to get 2 in the Top 10 this draft I'm sure.
Wait... You'd be ready to give up :

- Michalek : a 2-way 1st line speedy winger who has been outproducing O'Reilly most of his career. Michalek has been our best goal scorer in the last 3 years, outscoring Spezza and Alfredsson

- Wiercioch : not a "throw-in prospect", has serious offensive/2-way top-4 D-man potential. His value is assuredly more than a 2nd rounder

- 1st : We're missing our top-2 forwards and top-2 defenders for a while. You think it would be a good idea to move our first round pick? Not a chance this happens with Murray, unless we're talking about a young star player.

?????????????????

Michalek for RoR would be fine but a lateral move for us. The Avs would jump on that to solve the situation.

I'm not sure what I'd give up

Greening + Wiercioch + 2nd (but we don't have any 2nd this year)

It might not be enough but it's closer than the offer you were talking about. All it takes is the Avs to be high on those guys.

O'Reilly is young yes, but has 1 good season where he scored 18 goals. Greening scored 17 goals in his rookie season. I'm not saying Greening is as valuable but he is not holding out on his team and asking unreasonable money... This is a factor that brings down RoR value a bit...

I think Wiercioch's value is underrated around here. I see more potential than in Rundblad, and Rundblad + 2nd got us Turris (which was an heck of an overpayment according to the Sens HF faithful)

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote