Thread: Matt Duchene
View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 12:12 PM
Foppa

vCash: 500
I don't think it's a stretch to say last season may have ultimately been very, very good for his career, as crazy as it drove us as fans.

The leap in his overall strength and drive on the ice is amazing. I also think that part of this is him responding well to a sense of more responsibility. O'Reilly out, Landeskog hurt, defense sucks...ok Matt, you are going to get all the ice time you can handle. More than any other skater, including defensemen, on this team. More PK time than you can shake a stick at. It's on you.

Some guys need to be thrust into that. Last year Duchene was jacked around with ice time and Daniel freaking Winnik was leading our forwards in ice time at one point.

I still think EJ needs real #1 minutes at some point too, I feel like we are playing the same game with him. He may not respond as well as Duchene has but let him lead the blueline when he gets back or fail trying. We have like 6 guys right now getting 19-20. It was the same last year. Stop trying to create above average players out of depth guys and let the stars be stars so at least we can find out if they really are or not.

Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote