View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 12:13 PM
BernieParent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuioIklo View Post
I'd like them to trade someone to get another first and draft 2 defenseman, which would really boost our defensive prospects pool. I would have said : if we suck, we trade Kimmo at the deadline for a 1st, but I don't see it happening now that he has been extended. I just don't know who to trade for a 1st, but the idea of getting two great D prospects to develop together sounds exciting. Our pick would have been high, and the acquired pick would have been lower since it would be a playoff team pick, We could have drafted like Ristolainen + Hagg.

Also, if we could buyout Pronger and then hire him as a defensive coach for the prospects, that would be huge. Or hire Kimmo next year.
I don't see any scenario where the Flyers will be able to buy out Pronger's contract, given the depth of his injury. However, if he could serve as a coach under current circumstances (on the cap until it becomes necessary to IR him), I believe this would be a big boost to the status of the Phantoms as a positive environment for defensive prospects. Hopefully, that would be an enticer for any future desirable candidates who are weighing options among different franchises.