View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 12:17 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
St Croix has to be one of the quietest Ranger prospects ever. 74 points in 60 games. I never hear anything about him.

McColgan with 43 assists in 56 games? 59 points? That's pretty good, hope he gets a contract. I think people will love his tenacious style.

Noreau still continuing his great season. Guy is a monster. I think he will be in the NHL.

Fogarty is picking up his production. Great to see for a freshman to finish the season strong.

Skjei has gone from a healthy scratch to playing in the Minnesota top-4. Very good development year for him.

Spelling is another guy I was intrigued with. The Rangers traded for that specific pick to grab him. I have heard very little.

MSC is having a down year offensively and nobody here watches him, so we don't know how he's doing in other assets. His offense shouldn't be cited as proof of a great season because with prospects, you are looking for progress and his offense failed to show that.

-----

McColgan's stats are not good at all. First, scoring ppg in your last junior season is not good unless you are a defenseman. Second, he's been scoring the same for 4 years. He probably won't get a two-way contract. I don't see how he fits into the Hartford team next year, especially with the addition of Lindberg, St. Croix and maybe Fasth.

10 players are signed for next year (Noob, Haley, Thomas, Jean, Bourque, Yogan, Lindberg, Hrivik, St. Croix) who are better than McColgan and Wilson (#11) is also better suited to be a 4th liner than McColgan.

Palm, Ferriero and Wiebe are RFAs who are likely to be resigned. That makes the list 14-long.

There there are Mash, Segal and Tessier, who are UFAs, but the Rangers will try to sign at least 1-2 of them.

The team will be deep enough without McColgan to the point where they'll be able to afford to move an F for a D.

------

I hope Noreau's skating improved a lot since September 2011 when he was in Traverse. It was acceptable for a recently drafted 18 year old big kid, but nowhere near pro levels. We haven't seen reports on this. To be honest, I'm expecting another Purinton, but would love to be surprised.