View Single Post
02-19-2013, 12:21 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
Who knows how good Kindl could've been or is. He is 26 years old and hasn't even played the equivalent of two NHL seasons yet.

How come we got to watch Ericsson look like pure and utter crap for an entire season as a "rookie", playing at least top 5 regular minutes, but not Kindl? How come we got to watch Brett Lebda screw up on a nightly basis, but not Kindl? What about all those nights where Derek Meech got the call, but not Kindl?
We got to watch Ericcson because he was dominant in Grand Rapids to the point bob Mackenzie said he could challenge for a norris trophy some day. He also stepped into the playoffs and played dominant. He didnt have a good rookie season but has turned into an awesome PKer and one of the wings top dmen. He also fills a role as a PKer anda guy who can scrap a bit. After showing that promise after being drafted so late and switching to D so late he exceeded expectations

Kindl was bad in GR, wasnt very good last season and just now is beginning to look a bit better. I actually think he should be playing but he hasnt lived up to his draft billing and doesnt fill a role. Hes a little physical, he moves the puck alright but is bad on special teams.

Ericcson took those playoffs, played awesome and beat up Corey Perry. Kindl has played solid but nothing to make Babcock say oh ww he provides something I absolutely need in the line up

Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
There is something to be said for winning a roster spot.
For the most part, it's utter garbage.
At some point, you let a kid know that, hey, this job is yours. Go out there and play. Listen to my suggestions. Work hard. And we'll live with your mistakes if you take our suggestions to heart.
Says the guy who was going off in the Brunner thread about not earning **** to get a top 6 role. But when its a guy you like that logic doesnt apply. Shouldnt surprise me by now

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote