Old
02-19-2013, 12:31 PM
Fugu
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuelphStormer View Post
sorry, i know seattle is becoming the favourite, but count me among those who consider seattle long on potential and short on practicality. the unproven market and ownership unknowns easily place seattle 3rd on a list of immediate relocation sites, behind qc, hamilton and possibly even behind gta2 playing out of the acc until the motoroladome gets built.

if this team moves to seattle it will only be because PKP has refused to take them this year and someone at the BoG table still resents hamilton. it would be a risky decision to put this team in seattle this year ... but hey, you know what they say about jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.

I think QC had the inside track but once the Seattle billionaires started having meetings about a new arena, which everyone has openly stated would be better served (almost a requirement) with an NBA and NHL team, I think the NHL's chances there turned to very serious. Having an arena and a pool of possible owners with very deep pockets make Seattle an obvious choice. It also has a net influx of transplants from traditional hockey markets. It certainly is more vibrant as a business and high tech market than anything outside of California (which has three NHL teams).

The arena initiative puts Seattle at the top of my list as a potential new market.