View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 12:48 PM
BigG44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure View Post
Or maybe Grossman was going to get a better return than Souray.

I guess I don't see many or any examples of what you're taking about.
I don't either. I can't think of one person who argued Dallas should have kept Grossmann. He had value, and I agree with Dallas that they shouldn't have paid him the raise that was coming.

It would have been nice to get something for Souray, but you don't lose anything by not trading him. He was a free asset in free agency. Grossmann on the other hand was an asset you developed and invested a huge amount of time and effort in. That would have been a travesty to lose him for nothing. I don't like that they turned their backs on a pick or potentially more for Souray, but it's not surprising GMJN chose to try and win rather than sell assets. That's what he does. Hopefully that doesn't happen again though should the situation present itself again.

It seems that GMJN came down to deciding between Grossmann and Daley, and he chose Daley. I'm fine with that choice. He may be a bit older, but he's more mobile, and he moves the puck better (not to say Grossmann was terrible though). GMJN obviously values puck movement and mobility which isn't a bad thing.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote