View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 12:53 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak7 View Post
Maybe I'm not fully appreciative of hockey players and injuries that they go through, but....

How exactly does a fractured arm prevent a player from maintaining on-ice conditioning?

He can still skate, can't he? At the end of the day it's not a lower body injury at all. The only thing he likely can't do is grab a stick.

With his arm in cast & sling, he should still be able to skate. Perhaps not 100%, but I'm not sure why he's not been on the ice since his injury..
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceee View Post
Well what if he falls on his arm? It would further delay the recovery progress and keep him out longer.
Better safe than sorry
I thought we went through this already.

Although, it logically appears you can skate with a broken arm, in reality the skating isn't without risk so when you fall you try and protect yourself with ... your healing arm which you then re-break and start the cycle all over again.

The New York Rangers are the most valuable NHL franchise at $1.2 billion, taking the top spot on the Forbes list for the first time since 2004.

The magazine said Tuesday that Montreal is second at $1.18 billion, followed by Toronto at $1.15 billion.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote