Thread: Speculation: Tank or no Tank!
View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 12:57 PM
Millhaus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Pretty much my thoughts as well. The UFAs who have value, I'd like to keep. I'd like to move Green and Johansson but this team is built so poorly and the holes are so many that we're stuck.

In a realistic best case scenario the big adds would be a top pick this year, Forsberg and a half season of experience under Oates.
Yeah the problem is though do we really think just basically another year in the system makes this team all that much better? I want to say yes but I'd be far from certain of it.

That still leaves Erskine, Schultz, or Orlov playing on his non preferred side rounding out the top 4. That doesn't instill me with a whole lot of confidence.

I'm rather down on the two young goaltenders at the same time approach but Holtby's recent play has been encouraging I guess.

At this point just to shake that part of the team up I'd consider adding Luongo for Johansson and Neuvirth if Vancouver would pick up say 25% of his salary and add a decent prospect or fairly young player. I'm not thrilled about Luongo even at a $4 mil cap hit for the next 12 years though but at least it makes this a different team.

I don't know...

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote