View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 01:16 PM
cbcwpg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmidd12 View Post
I think it's great that they are selling out now. Great for the team, fans, and media to see a full house.

HOWEVER should those prices be lifted $35-$75 would the sellouts continue?

Should the purchase incentives stop would the sellouts continue?

Not to be the bearer of bad news but both would likely be answered with a firm NO. The problem isn't the lack of fans, it's the discounts and rebates and sales the fans receive. Most NHL teams could survive on 10,000 fans every night almost no problem. In Glendale however the market won't support higher prices for the luxury of being able to watch NHL live, for the simple reason that they have become too accustomed to the current pricing for 15 years.
This to me has always been the number one concern any new owner would have to address. How do you wean people off of paying at a certain rate for a certain product, when you have to significantly raise prices to break even?

I have the deepest respects for any STH of the Coyotes ( or any team for that matter ) , but I know for a fact that if I lived in Phoenix I would never buy STs when I know I can get into any game I want at a reduced price. Not to be a slight on the market, but that's just how it is. A new owner coming in and doubling prices and getting rid of any discounts, would be a very bold move.

And it's not just Phoenix. How would most markets respond if the owner increases priced by 25-40% one year over the previous.